Chimney fire in Sidbury was ‘accidental’
- Credit: Archant
A fire crew from Ottery St Mary was called out to Sidbury to deal with the fire on Thursday, January 25.
A fire crew was called out to Sidbury last night (Thursday, January 25) to deal with a chimney fire.
An appliance from Ottery St Mary was called out at around 7.45pm after reports of a chimney fire in Putts Corner.
On arrival, the crew confirmed that smoke and sparks were coming from a chimney.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Crews gained access via a short extension ladder and used chimney gear with small tools to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
“The cause was deemed accidental.”
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary