Chimney fire in Sidbury was ‘accidental’


- Credit: Archant

A fire crew from Ottery St Mary was called out to Sidbury to deal with the fire on Thursday, January 25.

A fire crew was called out to Sidbury last night (Thursday, January 25) to deal with a chimney fire.

An appliance from Ottery St Mary was called out at around 7.45pm after reports of a chimney fire in Putts Corner.

On arrival, the crew confirmed that smoke and sparks were coming from a chimney.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Crews gained access via a short extension ladder and used chimney gear with small tools to extinguish the fire.

You may also want to watch:

“The cause was deemed accidental.”

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus