Chimney fire in Sidbury was ‘accidental’
- Credit: Archant
A fire crew from Ottery St Mary was called out to Sidbury to deal with the fire on Thursday, January 25.
A fire crew was called out to Sidbury last night (Thursday, January 25) to deal with a chimney fire.
An appliance from Ottery St Mary was called out at around 7.45pm after reports of a chimney fire in Putts Corner.
On arrival, the crew confirmed that smoke and sparks were coming from a chimney.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Crews gained access via a short extension ladder and used chimney gear with small tools to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
“The cause was deemed accidental.”
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 7 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support