Sidbury church windows get refurb
RESTORATION work will soon start on Sidbury s church windows after a large donation was given to the fund. St Giles Windows Fund is reaping the benefits of proceeds raised from the popular revue Spring Fever which was performed in the village last mont
RESTORATION work will soon start on Sidbury's church windows after a large donation was given to the fund.
St Giles' Windows Fund is reaping the benefits of proceeds raised from the popular revue 'Spring Fever' which was performed in the village last month.
A cheque for �1,000 was presented to members of the fund by the organisers of the spectacular, Sidbury into Drama.
Receiving the cheque, Churchwarden Allan Andrews, said: "We are extremely grateful for this donation and indeed other sums of money which have been received from many of the village organisations.
You may also want to watch:
"It will enable work to start shortly on the restoration of the windows, some of which have been attributed to Charles Kempe, the noted Victorian stained glass artist.
- 1 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 3 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 The act of giving makes a big difference
- 6 Young surfer raising hundreds of pounds with sponsored beach clean
- 7 Let's engage with youths to help keep environment clean
- 8 New gin launch helps raise funds for Tar Barrel tradition
- 9 Lifeboat responds to two call-outs in one night
- 10 Initial findings show town's waterways are healthy