Sidbury concert charity hope
IF music be the food of love then Sidbury church s last charity concert of the series will delight the tastebuds and ears of all those who attend. For the past three years the winter months have been cheered at St Giles Church with the annual series of L
IF music be the food of love then Sidbury church's last charity concert of the series will delight the tastebuds and ears of all those who attend.
For the past three years the winter months have been cheered at St Giles' Church with the annual series of Lunchtime for Music Lovers in aid of good causes.
This year all the money raised is going to the St Giles' Window Appeal which needs �40,000 for urgent work to preserve the stained glass windows.
The campaign has past the �20,000 mark and �1,300 of this amount has been raised through the lunchtime concerts.
The sixth and final concert takes place next week on Thursday, March 12 at 12noon.
Eleanor Dawson is flying over from Dublin with her flute and her friend Katherine May is driving her harpsichord from London to play a programme of lively Baroque music to welcome in the spring.
- 1 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 2 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 3 Help clean up Sidmouth as In Bloom judges' visit approaches
- 4 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 5 Otter Valley councillor welcomes inquiry into sewage discharges into rivers
- 6 Folk Festival gears up to bring Sidmouth to life with music
- 7 Injured pedestrian helped by lifeboat and lifeguard teams
- 8 Part of Donkey Sanctuary closed due to respiratory infection
- 9 Circus proposed for Sidmouth next year
- 10 Pixie Day returns to Ottery – Pictures
Keith Dawson, organiser of this season's concerts, said: "The concerts have been very popular and successful. The concert next week promises to bring this series to a memorable end and we hope that a large audience will take this year's proceeds over �1,500."
Tickets (�5) can be bought on the door and includes warming home made soup and sandwiches after the concert.