Sidbury concert charity hope
IF music be the food of love then Sidbury church s last charity concert of the series will delight the tastebuds and ears of all those who attend. For the past three years the winter months have been cheered at St Giles Church with the annual series of L
IF music be the food of love then Sidbury church's last charity concert of the series will delight the tastebuds and ears of all those who attend.
For the past three years the winter months have been cheered at St Giles' Church with the annual series of Lunchtime for Music Lovers in aid of good causes.
This year all the money raised is going to the St Giles' Window Appeal which needs �40,000 for urgent work to preserve the stained glass windows.
The campaign has past the �20,000 mark and �1,300 of this amount has been raised through the lunchtime concerts.
You may also want to watch:
The sixth and final concert takes place next week on Thursday, March 12 at 12noon.
Eleanor Dawson is flying over from Dublin with her flute and her friend Katherine May is driving her harpsichord from London to play a programme of lively Baroque music to welcome in the spring.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 5 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Hedges are 'valued for the huge benefits they bring for wildlife'
Keith Dawson, organiser of this season's concerts, said: "The concerts have been very popular and successful. The concert next week promises to bring this series to a memorable end and we hope that a large audience will take this year's proceeds over �1,500."
Tickets (�5) can be bought on the door and includes warming home made soup and sandwiches after the concert.