Sidbury concert charity hope
IF music be the food of love then Sidbury church s last charity concert of the series will delight the tastebuds and ears of all those who attend. For the past three years the winter months have been cheered at St Giles Church with the annual series of L
IF music be the food of love then Sidbury church's last charity concert of the series will delight the tastebuds and ears of all those who attend.
For the past three years the winter months have been cheered at St Giles' Church with the annual series of Lunchtime for Music Lovers in aid of good causes.
This year all the money raised is going to the St Giles' Window Appeal which needs �40,000 for urgent work to preserve the stained glass windows.
The campaign has past the �20,000 mark and �1,300 of this amount has been raised through the lunchtime concerts.
You may also want to watch:
The sixth and final concert takes place next week on Thursday, March 12 at 12noon.
Eleanor Dawson is flying over from Dublin with her flute and her friend Katherine May is driving her harpsichord from London to play a programme of lively Baroque music to welcome in the spring.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Keith Dawson, organiser of this season's concerts, said: "The concerts have been very popular and successful. The concert next week promises to bring this series to a memorable end and we hope that a large audience will take this year's proceeds over �1,500."
Tickets (�5) can be bought on the door and includes warming home made soup and sandwiches after the concert.