Jack-plop! Sidbury’s alpaca dung-raiser is a huge boost for cricket club
- Credit: Archant
A quirky dung-raiser has proven very poop-ular after raising cash to cover Sidbury Cricket Club’s costs for a season.
With the team set to return to the Devon Cricket League this weekend, members decided to revive a fun tradition, asking residents to guess where an alpaca may poo.
A grid was created on the pitch and all 806 squares were snapped up ahead of Wednesday night when the trio of Brian, Merry and Valentino, were unleashed.
Merry was the first to go, with adjudicators using technology to measure the location of the mess down to the nearest millimetre.
The winner was Sharon Davis, who donated her winnings back to the club.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Bishop, from the club, said: “From a fundraising point of view we have raised a seasons worth of money. This is something we can do every year.”
The club thanked Bearhouse Alpacas, Blackdown Surveys, and The Red Lion for their help to make the event.
Read how the tradition was revived here.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again