Sidbury disco to aid Liz in NY Walk the Walk
Retro disco night to boost New York Walk the Walk entrant’s chartiy fundraising
GET on your 60s or 70s glad rags to enjoy a retro disco at Sidbury Village Hall on Saturday, October 8, to help New York Walk the Walk marathon entrant, Liz Belither, raise money for Uniting Against Breast Cancer.
Artist Liz, 56, has enlisted the musical abilities of retro DJ Jerry A Trick, better known as Andy Webb, for the evening, which starts at 8pm and ends at midnight.
Seventies party food will be included in the �8.50 ticket price. These are available direct from Drews the butchers, Sidbury, (01395) 597373 or by calling (01395) 597748.
Liz did two Moonwalks for breast cancer charity in London several years ago, prompted because she has several friends who were seriously affected by breast cancer.
You may also want to watch:
She admits to being “scared stiff” at the thought of negotiating windy bridges in the Big Apple, but is looking forward to the power walk and to visiting NY art galleries.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 7 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Debut in the Dartmoor League