Sidbury hit by crime spate
A SERIES of burglaries in Sidbury are being linked by police. Garden machinery has been stolen from four properties in the village in the last two weeks sparking a police appeal. Equipment was stolen from a garden shed in Bridge Street sometime between Oc
A SERIES of burglaries in Sidbury are being linked by police.
Garden machinery has been stolen from four properties in the village in the last two weeks sparking a police appeal.
Equipment was stolen from a garden shed in Bridge Street sometime between October 2 and October 5. Crime reference number: KS/09/595.
Another address in Bridge Street was also targeted by the burglars who made off with gardening equipment between 1.30pm on October 4 and 10am on October 6. Crime number: KS/09/597.
Thieves also stole goods from an address at Hatway Hill between 10.15am on October 4 and 9.15am the following day. Crime number: KS/09/591.
The fourth burglary happened at Buckley Road between 5pm on October 4 and 7.45am the following day. Crime number: KS/09/590.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 3 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 4 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 5 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 6 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 7 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 8 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 9 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 10 Sidbury gas pipe upgrade completed
Investigating officer PC Adrian Tapp said: "They are obviously a series of burglaries that have occurred in the same area and we believe they are linked."
Police are also investigating three burglaries in Venn Ottery where gardening equipment was taken from properties.
Items worth �700 including a John Deere JS63 rotary mower, a Tanneka TBC 2211 brush cutter and a step ladder were stolen between October 3 and October 12. Crime number: KS/09/610
Gardening equipment, worth �1,500, was taken from another address between 7.30pm on October 1 and 8.30am the following day. Items include a Stilh pole pruner, Stilh MS 200 chain saw and Draper ratchet spanners. Crime number: KS/09/584. And similar equipment was taken from the village also between October 1 and October 2. The machinery was dumped down the road. Crime number: KS/09/585
Residents in both villages have been warned to be on their guard by police.
A spokesperson said: "There have been a number of incidents in the Venn Ottery and Sidbury area of burglaries to outbuildings at rural properties. Please heighten your security and report any suspicious activity you see around these areas."
Anyone with information about the crimes should ring Sidmouth Police on 08452 777444 quoting the crime numbers listed above.