Sidbury Horticultural Show hands �700 to DAAT
Sidbury Fair Horticultural Show success boosts Devon Air Ambulance Trust coffers
ENTRIES for this year’s Sidbury Fair Horticultural Show were slightly down, but the under 16 section was well supported, said show chairman, Roger Davey.
He said: “Thank you to everybody who entered produce on the day. Entries for fruit and vegetables were slightly down, but there was an increase in flowers and culinary art.”
Bill Price, a trustee of Devon Air Ambulance, presented the prizes, and, as a result of generous bidding at the auction and buying draw tickets, some �700 will be donated.
Roger said: “During the 15 years we have held the show, over �10,000 has been raised for the air ambulance; an exceptional achievement for a small village show.”
You may also want to watch:
He thanked all who helped on the day, especially the organising committee.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Chairman’s Cup for best in show: Donna Lane.
Sid King Cup for most points in show: Chelsea Cross.
Nancy Manley Cup, runner up, most points: Gwenan Paewai.
Rod Tucker Cup for most points by junior under 16: Tesni Paewai.
Sidbury Cup for best in show by junior under 16: Ayrton Rose.
Most points in fruit and veg: Chelsea Cross.
Most points in flowers, floral art and handicraft: Chelsea Cross.
Most points in culinary art: Jean Baker.
Best in fruit and veg: Roger Davey.
Best in flower classes, floral art and handicraft: Donna Lane.
Best in culinary art: Gabrielle Jackson.
Allotment Holder Challenge Shield: Roger Davey.