Sidbury house plans to be considered and more news
Sidmouth Town Council will look over amended plans to build two houses in Sidbury. Read this and more.
PLANNING: Sidmouth Town Council will look over amended plans to build two houses in Sidbury at a planning meeting on Wednesday, February 8 at 6.30pm. The applicants, who want to build on land at Long Close Cottage on Fore Street in the village, have made minor alterations to the original plans submitted in October last year in order to allay conservation concerns and neighbourly objections. Councillors will make comment on the proposals before East Devon District Council will make the final decision later this year.
ALARM GAFFE: Firefighters from Sidmouth raced to Sidmouth Primary School – only to be told it was a false alarm. A crew attended the Woolbrook Road site at around 10.30am. It transpired someone had accidentally pushed a fire alarm at the school.
GARAGES: Plans have been submitted to change ‘Notions Alteration’ on Radway in Sidmouth shop back into three lock-up garages. The application will be reviewed by town councillors at Wednesday’s meeting before East Devon District Council make the final decision.
GREEN VEHICLE SHOW: This will take place at Sidmouth College, Primley Road, from 10am to 2pm on Saturday, March 17. See a selection of tax exempt, low carbon vehicles, hear talks on eco-driving. Free event, refreshments. More details: 01395 577354 or 516655.
MARKET: The next community market at St John Ambulance Hall, Sidmouth, run by the Vision Group for Sidmouth, is from 9.30am to 1pm on Saturday, February 11, selling meat, cakes, crafts, flowers and veg.
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 Strong demand for properties continues into the new year
- 6 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 7 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 8 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 9 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 10 Property of the Week: Livonia Road