Sidbury house plans to be considered and more news
Sidmouth Town Council will look over amended plans to build two houses in Sidbury. Read this and more.
PLANNING: Sidmouth Town Council will look over amended plans to build two houses in Sidbury at a planning meeting on Wednesday, February 8 at 6.30pm. The applicants, who want to build on land at Long Close Cottage on Fore Street in the village, have made minor alterations to the original plans submitted in October last year in order to allay conservation concerns and neighbourly objections. Councillors will make comment on the proposals before East Devon District Council will make the final decision later this year.
ALARM GAFFE: Firefighters from Sidmouth raced to Sidmouth Primary School – only to be told it was a false alarm. A crew attended the Woolbrook Road site at around 10.30am. It transpired someone had accidentally pushed a fire alarm at the school.
GARAGES: Plans have been submitted to change ‘Notions Alteration’ on Radway in Sidmouth shop back into three lock-up garages. The application will be reviewed by town councillors at Wednesday’s meeting before East Devon District Council make the final decision.
GREEN VEHICLE SHOW: This will take place at Sidmouth College, Primley Road, from 10am to 2pm on Saturday, March 17. See a selection of tax exempt, low carbon vehicles, hear talks on eco-driving. Free event, refreshments. More details: 01395 577354 or 516655.
You may also want to watch:
MARKET: The next community market at St John Ambulance Hall, Sidmouth, run by the Vision Group for Sidmouth, is from 9.30am to 1pm on Saturday, February 11, selling meat, cakes, crafts, flowers and veg.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC