Have a gander at Sidbury Into Drama’s pantomime Mother Goose
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury into Drama’s (SID’s) pantomime for 2020, Mother Goose, will be staged at Sidbury Village Hall from Wednesday, February 26, until Saturday 29.
The traditional panto follows the fortunes of Mother Goose, a big-hearted poetess, her twins Brucey and Lucy, and their pet goose, Priscilla.
The family are poor and have to survive by selling Priscilla's eggs, until a chance meeting with a fairy godmother who turns all the eggs into gold.
This transforms the family's fortunes, but also attracts the attention of their wicked landlord, Baron Gammonchops, who plots to kidnap Priscilla and steal all her eggs.
Will the family, aided by a cast of characters including Intuneo, a wandering minstrel, Colonel Gander, and Fluffy the spotty dog, save Priscilla from an uncertain fate?
You may also want to watch:
Mother Goose is played by Myles Reed, Brucey and Lucy by Chelsea Cross and Faye Chinery, Priscilla by Tracy Stone, Baron Gammonchops by Ben Upchurch, Colonel Gander by John Rush, and Fluffy by Eve Chinery.
Tickets are £8 for adults and £5 for children, obtainable from Drews of Sidbury.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways