Have a gander at Sidbury Into Drama’s pantomime Mother Goose
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury into Drama’s (SID’s) pantomime for 2020, Mother Goose, will be staged at Sidbury Village Hall from Wednesday, February 26, until Saturday 29.
The traditional panto follows the fortunes of Mother Goose, a big-hearted poetess, her twins Brucey and Lucy, and their pet goose, Priscilla.
The family are poor and have to survive by selling Priscilla's eggs, until a chance meeting with a fairy godmother who turns all the eggs into gold.
This transforms the family's fortunes, but also attracts the attention of their wicked landlord, Baron Gammonchops, who plots to kidnap Priscilla and steal all her eggs.
Will the family, aided by a cast of characters including Intuneo, a wandering minstrel, Colonel Gander, and Fluffy the spotty dog, save Priscilla from an uncertain fate?
You may also want to watch:
Mother Goose is played by Myles Reed, Brucey and Lucy by Chelsea Cross and Faye Chinery, Priscilla by Tracy Stone, Baron Gammonchops by Ben Upchurch, Colonel Gander by John Rush, and Fluffy by Eve Chinery.
Tickets are £8 for adults and £5 for children, obtainable from Drews of Sidbury.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead