Sidbury kids to 'take over' EDDC!
SIDBURY schoolchildren will takeover East Devon District Council (EDDC) next Friday (November 6).
SIDBURY schoolchildren will 'takeover' East Devon District Council (EDDC) next Friday (November 6).
More than 40 pupils will visit the authority's Sidmouth headquarters as part of the national '11 Million Takeover Day', which will see 11 million children and young people in England get the chance to visit their local council.
Kids will get a say on how they would run things if they were in charge.
Sidbury ten and 11 year-olds will be joined by pupils from Farway, Upottery and Whimple.
Councillor Iain Chubb, EDDC's Children's and Young People's Champion, said: "I am proud to support this day. It's important for young people to know they have a voice in the community and that their views count.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 7 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Rugby classics in exotic locations