Sidbury kids to 'take over' EDDC!
SIDBURY schoolchildren will takeover East Devon District Council (EDDC) next Friday (November 6).
SIDBURY schoolchildren will 'takeover' East Devon District Council (EDDC) next Friday (November 6).
More than 40 pupils will visit the authority's Sidmouth headquarters as part of the national '11 Million Takeover Day', which will see 11 million children and young people in England get the chance to visit their local council.
Kids will get a say on how they would run things if they were in charge.
Sidbury ten and 11 year-olds will be joined by pupils from Farway, Upottery and Whimple.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Iain Chubb, EDDC's Children's and Young People's Champion, said: "I am proud to support this day. It's important for young people to know they have a voice in the community and that their views count.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Toto goes bananas with his love for fruit and veg shop
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action