Sidbury kids to 'take over' EDDC!
SIDBURY schoolchildren will takeover East Devon District Council (EDDC) next Friday (November 6).
SIDBURY schoolchildren will 'takeover' East Devon District Council (EDDC) next Friday (November 6).
More than 40 pupils will visit the authority's Sidmouth headquarters as part of the national '11 Million Takeover Day', which will see 11 million children and young people in England get the chance to visit their local council.
Kids will get a say on how they would run things if they were in charge.
Sidbury ten and 11 year-olds will be joined by pupils from Farway, Upottery and Whimple.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Iain Chubb, EDDC's Children's and Young People's Champion, said: "I am proud to support this day. It's important for young people to know they have a voice in the community and that their views count.
- 1 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 2 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 6 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 7 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 8 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 9 Joseph's year of 100 half marathons to support refugees
- 10 Art society gear up for return of exhibition