Sidbury kids to 'take over' EDDC!
SIDBURY schoolchildren will takeover East Devon District Council (EDDC) next Friday (November 6).
SIDBURY schoolchildren will 'takeover' East Devon District Council (EDDC) next Friday (November 6).
More than 40 pupils will visit the authority's Sidmouth headquarters as part of the national '11 Million Takeover Day', which will see 11 million children and young people in England get the chance to visit their local council.
Kids will get a say on how they would run things if they were in charge.
Sidbury ten and 11 year-olds will be joined by pupils from Farway, Upottery and Whimple.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Iain Chubb, EDDC's Children's and Young People's Champion, said: "I am proud to support this day. It's important for young people to know they have a voice in the community and that their views count.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 10 Sad loss at Beer Albion