Sidbury pond plaque from Sid Vale Association
Deepway Meadow Pond restoration celebrated by Sidbury youngsters
SIDBURY children have celebrated the restoration of Deepway Meadow Pond in the village.
On Friday, they arrived by bicycle, walking and with dogs to mark the restoration of the pond and fixing of the Keith Owen Fund plaque to the ancient oak seat beside the pond.
Sir John Cave, Chris Woodruff and Roger Davey – all trustees of the Deepway Meadow Millennium Green Trust - joined the celebration, together with chairman of the Sid Vale Association, the Reverend Handel Bennett.
The project was supported by the Keith Owen Fund, which is administered by the Sid Vale Association, and this first plaque has been awarded for a project which sustains the natural environment in Sidbury.
You may also want to watch:
Handel said: “I believe Keith Owen would have seen the work carried out by the Sidbury Millennium Green Trust, as a fine example of a combined voluntary effort, using the talents of local residents, to restore the Deepway Meadow Pond, for the benefit of local schoolchildren, and the wider community.”
KOF plaques are awarded to applicants who receive grants for projects which they succeed in bringing to fulfilment.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
They were specially designed, to SVA requirements, by Mike Hughes of Wild-life Art, Honiton.
Mike has worked as a freelance illustrator for the last 10 years.
To obtain an application form for a KOF grant, write to: The Secretary, Keith Owen Fund (SVA), Kingsmead, Broadway, Sidmouth, Devon, EX10 8RQ; or download the form at www.sidvaleassociation.org.uk.