Sidbury pond plaque from Sid Vale Association
Deepway Meadow Pond restoration celebrated by Sidbury youngsters
SIDBURY children have celebrated the restoration of Deepway Meadow Pond in the village.
On Friday, they arrived by bicycle, walking and with dogs to mark the restoration of the pond and fixing of the Keith Owen Fund plaque to the ancient oak seat beside the pond.
Sir John Cave, Chris Woodruff and Roger Davey – all trustees of the Deepway Meadow Millennium Green Trust - joined the celebration, together with chairman of the Sid Vale Association, the Reverend Handel Bennett.
The project was supported by the Keith Owen Fund, which is administered by the Sid Vale Association, and this first plaque has been awarded for a project which sustains the natural environment in Sidbury.
Handel said: “I believe Keith Owen would have seen the work carried out by the Sidbury Millennium Green Trust, as a fine example of a combined voluntary effort, using the talents of local residents, to restore the Deepway Meadow Pond, for the benefit of local schoolchildren, and the wider community.”
KOF plaques are awarded to applicants who receive grants for projects which they succeed in bringing to fulfilment.
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
They were specially designed, to SVA requirements, by Mike Hughes of Wild-life Art, Honiton.
Mike has worked as a freelance illustrator for the last 10 years.
To obtain an application form for a KOF grant, write to: The Secretary, Keith Owen Fund (SVA), Kingsmead, Broadway, Sidmouth, Devon, EX10 8RQ; or download the form at www.sidvaleassociation.org.uk.