Sidbury pupils skip to fitness!
SIDBURY Primary School pupils were kept on their toes when they took part in a skip-a-thon event last week. The health-conscious pupils held the Skip for Life event last Friday in which they skipped in a relay of teams continuously for half an hour. The e
SIDBURY Primary School pupils were kept on their toes when they took part in a skip-a-thon event last week.
The health-conscious pupils held the Skip for Life event last Friday in which they skipped in a relay of teams continuously for half an hour.
The event was arranged by the school as part of an Active Life Challenge week set up by Devon County Council.
Nearly 30 schools from East Devon took part in the active week which also included a Run for Life event.
You may also want to watch:
Amy Frost, PE co-ordinator at Sidbury Primary, said:
The week was devised by Devon County Council's Physical Education advisory team, led by Steve Kibble.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
He said: "Once again Devon is leading the way in ensuring that our children have the chance to grow into fit and active adults and improve their health and well-being."
"It is now widely recognised that children are more likely to achieve their full academic potential by being involved in daily physical activity."
The council is also launching a new Active Lifestyle Award as part of their drive to encourage more children to get fitter and healthier.
The new award will form part of the Olympic legacy for the young people of Devon and marks the beginning of a range of programmes inspired by the Olympics.