Sidbury set for fair week
SIDBURY is getting set for Fair Week. The festivities begin with a horticultural show at Sidbury Social Club on Saturday, September 11.
Entry forms are available from the club and Drews Butchers. Sunday brings the fun run and walk at 11.30am, registration by 11am.
Pick up entry forms from the Red Lion Inn or Drews Butchers. All particiapants will receive a pottery memento.
The race is preceded by a service in St Giles’ Church grounds at 10.45am. On the Monday, the Red Lion is hosting a quiz night at 8pm, �5 per team (maximum of four people).
Tuesday at 11am is the throwing of the hot pennies, then Tour of Britain cyclists will be coming through the village between 12.15pm and 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a photographic display/competition in the church and a children’s photo and painting competition in the village hall, both themed ‘All things Bike and Beautiful’.
Entry forms from the Red Lion and Drews. Darts fans can take part in a knock out competition at the Red Lion, entry �1. Fair day – Wednesday – features street stalls and a photo exhibition in the church. Coffee, Ploughmans’ lunches and teas served in the village hall all day. A livestock and poultry sale will take place at 2pm - pre-register with Stags auctioneers (01404) 42553, and there’s a duck race at 3.30pm.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!
On Thursday is a church harvest thanksgiving service at 7.30pm, with the Dean of Exeter, the revd canon Jonathan Meyrick. Home Farm, Manor Drive is hosting a tug of war and hog roast from 6pm on Friday and there will be a skittles challenge at the Red Lion on Saturday, �1 entry. Sunday brings a two-hour horse ride from Sidbury Manor at 10am. �8 children and �12 adults. Call Julie Farrell on (01395) 597639 or 07403296572 for details.