Sidbury set for jazz treat
AN old friend of Sidbury will return to the village next month to boost a fundraising bid for its church.
AN "old friend" of Sidbury will return to the village next month to boost a fundraising bid for its church.
Jazz pianist and singer Pete Churchill will perform his first solo concert in the village since 2005 on Friday, October 9. Proceeds from the evening will go to the St Giles' Window Fund.
Pete, who has played with numerous leading jazz names, has just returned from a tour of France and Italy. His work has taken him as far afield as Finland, Russia and Bulgaria.
Schoolchildren in Sidbury School were thrilled in 2005 when Pete worked with them on an original piece for the St. Giles' Flower Festival.
You may also want to watch:
"It should be a great evening," said organiser Keith Dawson. "Pete has made many friends in Sidbury over the years so demand for tickets should be high."
Tickets for Pete's Sidbury Piano Bar, in the Village Hall on October 9, go on sale on Monday and will be available from Drews of Sidbury and Sidmouth's Paragon Books.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary