Sidbury set for jazz treat
AN old friend of Sidbury will return to the village next month to boost a fundraising bid for its church.
AN "old friend" of Sidbury will return to the village next month to boost a fundraising bid for its church.
Jazz pianist and singer Pete Churchill will perform his first solo concert in the village since 2005 on Friday, October 9. Proceeds from the evening will go to the St Giles' Window Fund.
Pete, who has played with numerous leading jazz names, has just returned from a tour of France and Italy. His work has taken him as far afield as Finland, Russia and Bulgaria.
Schoolchildren in Sidbury School were thrilled in 2005 when Pete worked with them on an original piece for the St. Giles' Flower Festival.
You may also want to watch:
"It should be a great evening," said organiser Keith Dawson. "Pete has made many friends in Sidbury over the years so demand for tickets should be high."
Tickets for Pete's Sidbury Piano Bar, in the Village Hall on October 9, go on sale on Monday and will be available from Drews of Sidbury and Sidmouth's Paragon Books.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 10 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers