Sidford and Sidbury cycle fans to see Olympic champ
TRIPLE Olympic cycling champion Bradley Wiggins will compete in next month s Tour of Britain, which passes through Sidford and Sidbury.
TRIPLE Olympic cycling champion Bradley Wiggins will compete in next month's Tour of Britain, which passes through Sidford and Sidbury.
Wiggins, who also finished fourth in this year's Tour de France to equal the best ever result by a Briton, will lead the Garmin Slipstream team.
Stage seven of the event on Friday, September 18, will see cyclists race along the A373, through Honiton and Sidbury and turn left towards Sidford up Trow Hill.
Garmin Slipstream are among 13 eams announced to be taking part in the eight-stage race which begins in Scunthorpe on Saturday September 12 and finishes eight days later in the centre of London on September 19.
You may also want to watch:
The line-up of teams named so far to compete in the Tour of Britain are:
The South West stages of the tour, hosted by Devon County Council and Somerset County Council, will cover 346km of both counties.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again