Sidford and Sidbury cycle fans to see Olympic champ
TRIPLE Olympic cycling champion Bradley Wiggins will compete in next month s Tour of Britain, which passes through Sidford and Sidbury.
TRIPLE Olympic cycling champion Bradley Wiggins will compete in next month's Tour of Britain, which passes through Sidford and Sidbury.
Wiggins, who also finished fourth in this year's Tour de France to equal the best ever result by a Briton, will lead the Garmin Slipstream team.
Stage seven of the event on Friday, September 18, will see cyclists race along the A373, through Honiton and Sidbury and turn left towards Sidford up Trow Hill.
Garmin Slipstream are among 13 eams announced to be taking part in the eight-stage race which begins in Scunthorpe on Saturday September 12 and finishes eight days later in the centre of London on September 19.
You may also want to watch:
The line-up of teams named so far to compete in the Tour of Britain are:
The South West stages of the tour, hosted by Devon County Council and Somerset County Council, will cover 346km of both counties.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 8 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 9 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 10 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth