Sidford and Sidbury cycle fans to see Olympic champ
TRIPLE Olympic cycling champion Bradley Wiggins will compete in next month s Tour of Britain, which passes through Sidford and Sidbury.
TRIPLE Olympic cycling champion Bradley Wiggins will compete in next month's Tour of Britain, which passes through Sidford and Sidbury.
Wiggins, who also finished fourth in this year's Tour de France to equal the best ever result by a Briton, will lead the Garmin Slipstream team.
Stage seven of the event on Friday, September 18, will see cyclists race along the A373, through Honiton and Sidbury and turn left towards Sidford up Trow Hill.
Garmin Slipstream are among 13 eams announced to be taking part in the eight-stage race which begins in Scunthorpe on Saturday September 12 and finishes eight days later in the centre of London on September 19.
You may also want to watch:
The line-up of teams named so far to compete in the Tour of Britain are:
The South West stages of the tour, hosted by Devon County Council and Somerset County Council, will cover 346km of both counties.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth