Sidford baby picture identified
Meet Lianne Cross, identified as the baby pictured from the 1981 wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer
MEET Lianne Cross, who was a baby in 1981 when she was dressed in this clown’s outfit to celebrate the wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer.
Following an appeal in the Sidmouth Herald asking who the baby was who featured in the paper three decades ago, Lianne’s aunt, Tracy, got in touch.
Lianne was pictured at Lower Brook Meadow, Sidford, in 1981, but now, aged 30, she lives in Telford with her partner and two children, said Tracy, from Honiton, who went out especially to buy a copy of the Herald after her mother said her brother had heard about it being published.
“She was six months when the picture was taken and I was 15,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
*Lianne’s picture also features in a special Royal Wedding supplement in next week’s Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government