Sidford Bingo fundraiser for playgroup
Sidford Playgroup plans bingo night to raise funds to buy new play equipment
IT will be ‘eyes down’ for a Bingo evening next month to help Sidford Playgroup raise funds for new equipment.
The event, to be held at Sidford Social Hall on Friday, March 2 from 7pm, with an 8pm start for Bingo, has been organised by pre-school committee members.
There will be cash prizes on offer along with tea, coffee, soft drinks, homemade cakes and snacks on sale.
Committee member, Vicky Eul-Barker, said: “The evening is open to all ages so if you’re a pro or a novice it will be a good night out.
You may also want to watch:
“Contestants can grab a bite and a cuppa while trying their luck in this popular game.”
She said since her daughter, Harriet, three, began attending the pre-school each morning she had blossomed, made friends, was learning through play and growing more independent.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
She added: “Sidford Playgroup is such a warm and welcoming environment. It’s a brilliant stepping stone between home and school.”
She said fund raising events ensured the pre-school equipment was kept up-to-date and interesting for children.
Both children and parents/carers can continue to benefit from the knowledge and caring support the dedicated staff can offer within this pre-school setting.”
Playgroup sessions are from 9.30am to 12.20pm on weekday mornings during term time. For more details about it or the Bingo evening call Caroline Vansittart: 07966 953096.