Sidford businessman takes on big walk for Hospiscare
- Credit: Archant
A Sidford businessman is hoping to put his best foot forward as he takes part in the Hospiscare Men’s Walk.
Steve Hartland, who runs Marla Custom Blinds, took part in the inaugural event in 2012, raising £250 in sponsorship, and is determined to beat the total this year.
He is taking part in the walk, which takes place around Exeter on Saturday, in memory of his late father-in-law.
Steve, from Drakes Avenue in Sidford, said: “When we lost my wife Steph’s father Bill we were, of course, devastated, but it was comforting to know that he was well looked after in his local hospice.
“That’s why I’m always more than happy to support charities such as Hospiscare, which do such incredible work.”
You may also want to watch:
He owns the Sidmouth blind company with his wife Steph, and will be updating his followers on Twitter with his progress @MCBSidmouth.
Anybody who wants to sponsor Steve contact him on 01395 512605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action