Sidford businessman takes on big walk for Hospiscare
- Credit: Archant
A Sidford businessman is hoping to put his best foot forward as he takes part in the Hospiscare Men’s Walk.
Steve Hartland, who runs Marla Custom Blinds, took part in the inaugural event in 2012, raising £250 in sponsorship, and is determined to beat the total this year.
He is taking part in the walk, which takes place around Exeter on Saturday, in memory of his late father-in-law.
Steve, from Drakes Avenue in Sidford, said: “When we lost my wife Steph’s father Bill we were, of course, devastated, but it was comforting to know that he was well looked after in his local hospice.
“That’s why I’m always more than happy to support charities such as Hospiscare, which do such incredible work.”
You may also want to watch:
He owns the Sidmouth blind company with his wife Steph, and will be updating his followers on Twitter with his progress @MCBSidmouth.
Anybody who wants to sponsor Steve contact him on 01395 512605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses