Sidford children feel force of nature
YOUNGSTERS at Sidford Playgroup enjoyed a winter themed musical session last week. Children, staff and parents enjoyed miming actions such as moving like the wind, skating on ice and putting up umbrellas.
YOUNGSTERS at Sidford Playgroup enjoyed a winter themed musical session last week.
Children, staff and parents enjoyed miming actions such as moving like the wind, skating on ice and putting up umbrellas.
Leader Ann Orchard said: "We all joined in a cymbal accompaniment to I hear thunder, learning how to play instruments delicately, like rain drops, as well as crashing them like thunder."
The music was used to help the children to develop language skills, improve physical co-ordination and confidence.
You may also want to watch:
Sidford Playgroup meets from 9.30am to noon every morning during term time at Sidford Social Hall, with a lunch club from noon to 1pm on Monday and Tuesday. To come along for a visit, or to book a place, please call 07966 953096.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 9 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National