Sidford Claire is a slim-line tonic
THE inches have literally fallen off Sidford woman Claire Bright whose weight-loss dedication has earned her a flattering award. Mum-of-two Claire, 34, lost a staggering eight stone two pounds in just 14 months and was crowned Woman of the Year 2009 by h
THE inches have literally fallen off Sidford woman Claire Bright whose weight-loss dedication has earned her a flattering award.
Mum-of-two Claire, 34, lost a staggering eight stone two pounds in just 14 months and was crowned Woman of the Year 2009 by her fellow Sidmouth Slimming World Group members.
Claire, of Lower Brook Meadow, said: "I couldn't believe it when my name was called out and I realised I'd won our group's Woman of the Year 2009 title.
"I'm so honoured because every woman in the group is so amazing and has made so many positive changes to their life by losing weight."
You may also want to watch:
Claire, who was born with a hole in her heart and suffers from asthma, decided drastic action was needed after she saw a photo of herself at her brother's wedding.
Tipping the scales at 19 stone three pounds, Claire said: "I realised how big I got and I had to do something about it."
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
She transformed her lifestyle by eating healthy amounts and walking an impressive seven miles a day.
Now a happy, trimmer person, Claire weighs only 11 stone 1 pound and has bags of energy.
She added: "I get up at 6am every day and do exercises before taking the kids to school.
"I walk everywhere and when there are adverts on the television I'll get up and run on the spot-as long as the curtains are closed!"
Claire, who works at Sidmouth's Hotel Elizabeth, will now go through to the district finals, where the winner will be named Devon and Cornwall's Woman of the Year 2009.
And if she gets through to the finals she is in with a chance of winning �5,000.
Katrina, who runs the Slimming World group in Sidmouth, says: "I am so proud of what Claire has achieved, she's an incredibly worthy winner.
"She's a real inspiration to the rest of the group and I hope she inspires other women in the area who want to lose weight too.