Sidford diversions as DCC undertakes resurfacing
Resurfacing will be “huge improvement” to Sidford High Street says county councillor
TRAFFIC using the main A3052 through Sidford will be diverted for a month as Devon County Highways carries out resurfacing work.
The road will be closed between Core Hill Road and Sidford Cross from Monday, February 6 to Friday, March 6.
Sidford and Sidbury residents will be pleased to know the work has been co-ordinated so Wales and West Utilities’ current scheme to replace gas pipes, will have finished beforehand.
Work will be carried out on weekdays between 9.30am and 7pm. There will be a signed alternative route for vehicles via the A3052 Halfway House, B3180 Daisymount, A30 Honiton, A375 to A3052 to Sidford Cross and vice versa.
You may also want to watch:
A light vehicle diversion will also be signed from Stowford Gate to Exeter Cross to Sidford Cross for local traffic.
Sidmouth, Sidford County Councillor Stuart Hughes, DCC’s cabinet member for highways and transportation, said: “We’ve worked closely with Wales and West Utilities to ensure these works have been co-ordinated and programmed to follow on after their works have been completed on the A375 in order to minimise disruption. Our resurfacing scheme on the A3052 is scheduled to be completed before the break at the end of school spring term.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!