Sidford diversions as DCC undertakes resurfacing
Resurfacing will be “huge improvement” to Sidford High Street says county councillor
TRAFFIC using the main A3052 through Sidford will be diverted for a month as Devon County Highways carries out resurfacing work.
The road will be closed between Core Hill Road and Sidford Cross from Monday, February 6 to Friday, March 6.
Sidford and Sidbury residents will be pleased to know the work has been co-ordinated so Wales and West Utilities’ current scheme to replace gas pipes, will have finished beforehand.
Work will be carried out on weekdays between 9.30am and 7pm. There will be a signed alternative route for vehicles via the A3052 Halfway House, B3180 Daisymount, A30 Honiton, A375 to A3052 to Sidford Cross and vice versa.
You may also want to watch:
A light vehicle diversion will also be signed from Stowford Gate to Exeter Cross to Sidford Cross for local traffic.
Sidmouth, Sidford County Councillor Stuart Hughes, DCC’s cabinet member for highways and transportation, said: “We’ve worked closely with Wales and West Utilities to ensure these works have been co-ordinated and programmed to follow on after their works have been completed on the A375 in order to minimise disruption. Our resurfacing scheme on the A3052 is scheduled to be completed before the break at the end of school spring term.”
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 A remarkably good 50th anniversary for Sidmouth Music