Sid Valley Horticultural Society holds gardening and craft show at Sidford
- Credit: Contributed
Cooking, handicrafts, photography and art on display at Sidford as well as flowers and garden produce
The Sid Valley Horticultural Society holds its annual Gardening and Craft show on Saturday, August 18 – for the 90th year.
The event actually dates back even earlier than 1928, as it was not held during the Second World War.
There had been fears that the 2016 show could be the last, when the chairman and show secretary stepped down and no committee members wanted overall responsiblity. The present chairman Susan Hewitt and her husband were not on the committee but wanted the show to go on, so they took over.
It takes place from 2pm in a marquee in Sidford Sports Field, with exhibits of cooking, handicraft, photography, art and flower arranging. There are around 100 classes including some for children. The Society awards around 26 cups and trophies each year.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be stalls selling plants, pottery, wood carvings and handmade cards, with some of the proceeds going to the Society.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC