Sidford gardening show gets Keith Owen award
Grant of �5,595 will aid hire of gardening show marquee for five years
A GRANT of �5,595 from the Keith Owen Fund (SVA), will enable Sid Valley Horticultural Society to fund a marquee for its annual show for the next five years.
Presenting a cheque to society chairman, Maureen Britton and show secretary Beryl Kingman, at the launch of the 84th show schedule on Saturday, the Reverend Handel Bennett, chairman of the Keith Owen Fund, said: “Our award to the SVHS is for a long-term commitment towards the cost of the marquee.
“We recognise that your committee has enjoyed a reputation for wise and prudent management of the society’s funds.”
He said Keith Owen, the fund’s founder, had admired everything British.
You may also want to watch:
“What better example than the annual country show where local people can compete at so many levels to produce the finest produce, flowers and other competitive events.
“We feel sure Keith Owen would wish to recognise this, and give the society the assurance of sustained support over the next five years.”
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
The KOF is administered by Sid Vale Association and has, since its formation four years ago, made awards of more than a quarter of a million pounds within the Sid Valley.