Sidford hall to benefit from cycle sale
CYCLING is all the rage in our green society, which is why the chairman of Sidford Social Hall hopes the mountain bike he has to sell will attract lots of offers.
CYCLING is all the rage in our 'green' society, which is why the chairman of Sidford Social Hall hopes the mountain bike he has to sell will attract lots of offers.
David Baker, chairman of the hall committee, from Lockyer Avenue, Sidford, wants offers in the region of �90 for a 21-gear 21inch black Raleigh Endurance Explorer, which has been donated to raise money for the hall.
He said: "It is in exceptionally good condition, it looks just like it would in a shop window and has only been ridden twice."
It was donated by a resident in High Street, Sidford, who bought the bike some years ago to use in retirement, but has been unable to use it after developing a knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
"It cost �224 new and we are offering it for �90 or near offer. The money we raise will go into the hall's general funds because we have stage curtains that need replacing at some time and this will contribute towards them," said Mr Baker, who can be contacted on (01395) 578608 for those interested in making an offer.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 3 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal