Sidford hall to benefit from cycle sale
CYCLING is all the rage in our green society, which is why the chairman of Sidford Social Hall hopes the mountain bike he has to sell will attract lots of offers.
CYCLING is all the rage in our 'green' society, which is why the chairman of Sidford Social Hall hopes the mountain bike he has to sell will attract lots of offers.
David Baker, chairman of the hall committee, from Lockyer Avenue, Sidford, wants offers in the region of �90 for a 21-gear 21inch black Raleigh Endurance Explorer, which has been donated to raise money for the hall.
He said: "It is in exceptionally good condition, it looks just like it would in a shop window and has only been ridden twice."
It was donated by a resident in High Street, Sidford, who bought the bike some years ago to use in retirement, but has been unable to use it after developing a knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
"It cost �224 new and we are offering it for �90 or near offer. The money we raise will go into the hall's general funds because we have stage curtains that need replacing at some time and this will contribute towards them," said Mr Baker, who can be contacted on (01395) 578608 for those interested in making an offer.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government