Sidford Playgroup has a picnic plan and other news
Sidford Playgroup is holding a picnic on Thursday, October 4, in celebration of World Animal Day. Read this and more.
ANIMAL PICNIC: Sidford Playgroup is holding a picnic on Thursday, October 4, in celebration of World Animal Day.
Children are invited to take along their favourite stuffed animals to share in a picnic on the playing field in Byes Lane.
The event, from 10.30am, will see the children enjoy organised songs and games, face painting and homemade cake provided by local confectioner Hannah Vicarage. All are welcome.
You may also want to watch:
MACMILLAN BOOSTER: St Teresa’s Hall in Sidmouth is holding a coffee morning tomorrow (Saturday) from 10am to noon, in memory of Hugh O’Donnell, who died in January.
There will be a raffle and cake and book stalls to raise money for the MacMillan cancer charity.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 After shopping in town why not give your feet a treat
Entry (�1.50) includes tea and biscuits.
FLOWER SHOW: Chelsea Flower Show gold medallist Jean Lock will be giving a demonstration at St Francis Hall, Sidmouth, on Wednesday, October 17 at 2pm.
Tickets (�7) are available from Paragon Books or by calling 01395 519188. Proceeds will go to Exeter Hospice.
COFFEE MORNING: St Peter’s Church Hall in Sidford is adding numbers to the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
The Macmillan Cancer Support event is next Saturday, October 6, from 10am to 12pm.
LEPROSY: The annual meeting of the Leprosy Mission is at the Emmanuel Church in Sidmouth on Wednesday, October 10, at 3pm.
TIME TEAM: A series of archaeology talks at Kennaway House begins with the South West Maritime Archaeology Group.
The group is presenting its ‘White Slaves, Pirate Gold’ talk on Friday, October 26, at 7.30pm.
Tickets are �5 on the door or from the venue.
Call 01395 515551 for more information.