Sidford Playgroup music thrills
YOUNGSTERS at Sidford Playgroup got the chance to blow bubbles and play musical instruments during a fun activity morning last week. Carolynne Badcott, who runs Musical Steps, visited the children at Sidford Social Hall last Thursday to get the children a
YOUNGSTERS at Sidford Playgroup got the chance to blow bubbles and play musical instruments during a fun activity morning last week.
Carolynne Badcott, who runs Musical Steps, visited the children at Sidford Social Hall last Thursday to get the children active and develop their musical skills.
Bea Bennett, secretary of the playgroup, said: "Carolynne has just set up her business and we thought it would be a good idea for her to come along to our group.
"The children had a really enjoyable morning. Carolynne got kids moving around the room singing and marching. They had the chance to use different instruments and play them according to how fast she sang. It was just something a little bit different to what we usually do and we are hoping to do it on a regular basis."
You may also want to watch:
The group will be holding an open morning on Friday, March 20 in the social hall from 10-11.30am for parents and their children.
A fundraising coffee morning will also be held at St John Hall in Sidmouth on Saturday, March 28 to raise money for new equipment at the playgroup.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 9 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 10 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government