Sidford Playgroup music thrills
YOUNGSTERS at Sidford Playgroup got the chance to blow bubbles and play musical instruments during a fun activity morning last week. Carolynne Badcott, who runs Musical Steps, visited the children at Sidford Social Hall last Thursday to get the children a
YOUNGSTERS at Sidford Playgroup got the chance to blow bubbles and play musical instruments during a fun activity morning last week.
Carolynne Badcott, who runs Musical Steps, visited the children at Sidford Social Hall last Thursday to get the children active and develop their musical skills.
Bea Bennett, secretary of the playgroup, said: "Carolynne has just set up her business and we thought it would be a good idea for her to come along to our group.
"The children had a really enjoyable morning. Carolynne got kids moving around the room singing and marching. They had the chance to use different instruments and play them according to how fast she sang. It was just something a little bit different to what we usually do and we are hoping to do it on a regular basis."
You may also want to watch:
The group will be holding an open morning on Friday, March 20 in the social hall from 10-11.30am for parents and their children.
A fundraising coffee morning will also be held at St John Hall in Sidmouth on Saturday, March 28 to raise money for new equipment at the playgroup.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'