Sidford Playgroup to host open morning
SIDFORD Playgroup staff are inviting parents and their tots to an open morning next week so they can find out more about the group. The morning will be set out in the normal format of a playgroup session, with children joining in with games and activities
SIDFORD Playgroup staff are inviting parents and their tots to an open morning next week so they can find out more about the group.
The morning will be set out in the normal format of a playgroup session, with children joining in with games and activities.
The parents can watch their youngsters play and see what types of activities are available to them.
Sandra Spiller, treasurer of the playgroup, said: "Parents can have a look around, see what we do and speak to the staff. They can let their children get used to the playgroup and, if they want to, sign up.
"There is lots of area to play outside and we have been updating the play area over the last six months. We really encourage children to get active and get them ready for school."
The playgroup takes in children from the age of two. Entry is free for youngsters over the age of three and there is a charge of �8.25 per session for children under three.
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 6 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 7 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 8 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 9 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 10 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
Sandra added: "We decide if the children, in the younger age bracket, can cope in the play school environment and start them off at just one or two mornings a week.
"The sessions, which are in blocks of five, can be split between school and the playgroup so it's very flexible."
The open morning will be held on Friday, March 20 from 10-11.30am in Sidford Social Hall.
* A fundraising coffee morning will be held at St John Hall in Sidmouth on Saturday, March 28 from 10am-12noon to raise money for new equipment at the playgroup. There will be a raffle, face painting, stalls and refreshments.