Sidford Playgroup to host open morning
SIDFORD Playgroup staff are inviting parents and their tots to an open morning next week so they can find out more about the group. The morning will be set out in the normal format of a playgroup session, with children joining in with games and activities
SIDFORD Playgroup staff are inviting parents and their tots to an open morning next week so they can find out more about the group.
The morning will be set out in the normal format of a playgroup session, with children joining in with games and activities.
The parents can watch their youngsters play and see what types of activities are available to them.
Sandra Spiller, treasurer of the playgroup, said: "Parents can have a look around, see what we do and speak to the staff. They can let their children get used to the playgroup and, if they want to, sign up.
"There is lots of area to play outside and we have been updating the play area over the last six months. We really encourage children to get active and get them ready for school."
The playgroup takes in children from the age of two. Entry is free for youngsters over the age of three and there is a charge of �8.25 per session for children under three.
- 1 New store launches in Sidmouth's Fore Street
- 2 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 3 The sky's the limit as parachute jump raises £2,426 for Hospiscare
- 4 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 5 Double good deed for Brownies as litter pick raises money for food bank
- 6 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 7 Ukrainian refugee supporter Mukie opens community cafe
- 8 Date set for Straitgate Quarry appeal hearing
- 9 New direction and new chair at Vision Group for Sidmouth
- 10 One arrest after fuel protests on M5 and A38 in Somerset and Devon
Sandra added: "We decide if the children, in the younger age bracket, can cope in the play school environment and start them off at just one or two mornings a week.
"The sessions, which are in blocks of five, can be split between school and the playgroup so it's very flexible."
The open morning will be held on Friday, March 20 from 10-11.30am in Sidford Social Hall.
* A fundraising coffee morning will be held at St John Hall in Sidmouth on Saturday, March 28 from 10am-12noon to raise money for new equipment at the playgroup. There will be a raffle, face painting, stalls and refreshments.