Sidford resident’s garden video chosen by Gardeners’ World
- Credit: Archant
A green-fingered Sidford resident recorded a video of her garden, which has been aired by a TV show, after being chosen from a pot of 6,500 clips submitted by viewers.
Lucy Wheeler was watching Gardeners’ World when Monty invited viewers to send in a two-minute video of their gardens and a bit about it, to show others helpful tips.
The Wheelers’ video went live on the Gardeners’ World Facebook page and after three hours had more than 13,000 views.
Lucy said: “At the time I thought it would be fun so I asked my reluctant teenagers to help.
“I thought of two topics to mention, firstly digging a small pot into the ground next to your tomato plant to use as a water reservoir, and secondly putting banana peel under roses to help feed the plant as it contains potassium.
You may also want to watch:
“I set up the camera and then I roped my daughter Jessy into recording and zooming the shots.
“We had quite a laugh with mistakes and fun with our dog Skipper.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
“Then my son Luke kindly edited all the clips Jessy and I had taken.”
The family sent in the two-minute video on May 28 and heard back from a horticultural researcher on the show, on Tuesday, June 16.
Lucy said: “The programme called me and told me that out of six and a half thousand clips six have been chosen.”
Three clips will be aired on Friday, June 19, and three will be shown on social media this week.
She added: “I wanted to share this with the community of Sidmouth as we live in Sidford and I wanted to thank Luke, Jessy and Skipper - the star of the show - for their help to do something different and have a laugh in this difficult time for all of us.”
Visit www.facebook.com/groups/109537659188472 to see the video.
Keep up to date with the latest news and goings on in your area by visiting the Sidmouth Herald Facebook page or website at www.sidmouthherald.co.uk.