Sidford reverend moves on to pastures new
- Credit: Archant
A Sidford vicar is moving on to pastures new after five years in the job.
The Reverend Susie Williams will enjoy her last service as the vicar of Sidbury, Sidford and Woolbrook on Easter Sunday, April 1, at St Peters’ Church.
Mrs Williams will take up a new role as the rector at St Margaret’s Church in Chipstead.
The 55-year-old first came to Sidbury in 2012 and has done a lot of work with the village school.
When asked what she enjoyed most about her time in the Sid Valley, Mrs Williams said: “Getting to know people, working alongside people and encouraging them in their walk with God.
You may also want to watch:
She said of her new role: “I am really looking forward to it - it is a big church with a lot of children.
“I will miss a lot of people - I have made so many wonderful friends her.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
“I will definitely be coming back to visit.”
There will be goodbye drinks and cake after Mrs Williams’ final service.