Sidford singer invited to perform at gala dinner
Singing talent Luanne hits the high notes after talent show experience
SIDFORD singing talent, Luanne Hoare, has been invited to sing at a gala dinner next month after narrowly missing third place in a talent contest.
Luanne, 16, from Sidford Road, Sidford, competed with 17 others in Talent South West, run by Lifestyle Events Ltd., in Exeter on Saturday.
Mum Marsha said: “Everyone had stepped up their game and were all really good. The judges said that because everyone stepped up so brilliantly, it put them in a hard position and they took longer to make a decision.”
She said Luanne’s confidence was given a boost by the contest and when she got a call on Tuesday from the promoter inviting her to the gala dinner “she rushed upstairs to practice.”
She said those signing up the winner were impressed by Luanne’s performance.
“They saw something in her and want her to keep in touch as they have productions coming up they think she would be great in,” said Marsha.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Hospice at Home moves into new premises
- 3 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 4 Retailers need to be on high alert against new scam
- 5 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 6 Property of the Week: Heaven's Gate, Ottery St Mary
- 7 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Great to see the sunshine as Folk Festival returned
- 10 Sidmouth seniors avoid whitewash, Legg leads way on Friday
The King’s School student will join the winners of Saturday’s contest at the gala dinner, which is aid of Help for Heroes.
“She is really excited and buzzing from the experience,” said mum, who thanked all of those who supported Luanne on Saturday.
Luanne will sing Jessie J’s Nobody’s Perfect, the song that got her into the talent final, at the dinner.
Next year she will audition for TV’s X Factor and feels the confidence boost she has had this week will stand her in good stead for that.