Sidford tots get green-fingered boost
PRE-SCHOOL tots thanked Sidmouth Garden Centre for donating large pots, bags of compost and packets of wildlife friendly flower seeds to Sidford Playgroup.
A project aimed at highlighting the importance of keeping healthy is now under way.
Play leader Caroline Vansittart said: “The children absolutely loved getting their fingers mucky with compost and planting the seeds. They have enjoyed watering the plants daily and watching them grow; they have taken really good care of them.”
Emily Hale, three, who attends the pre-school three times a week, and her mum also donated tomato, peas and nasturtium seeds.
Caroline added: “We’ve been teaching the children about healthy eating and how things grow this term, so this task has really brought the project to life. It’s been a huge success as all the children have been involved and it’s got them talking which helps with their communication and social skills.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d like to express our grateful thanks to the garden centre for supporting our project and we appreciate their very generous donation. We’re hoping to participate in the tallest sunflower competition which they run each year.”
Sidford Playgroup is held in Sidford Social Hall on weekday mornings during term time from 9.30am to12.30pm. It aims to provide all children that attend with a range of interesting pre-school activities appropriate for their age and stage of development.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
Places are available for September 2012.
Call Caroline on 07966 953096 for more information.