Sidford walker raises more than £400 for Hospiscare
- Credit: Archant
A Sidford businessman has handed over more than £400 to a good cause after raising the money by taking on a charity walk.
Steve Hartland, of Marla Custom Blinds, took part in the Hospiscare Men’s Walk in March, setting himself the target of beating the £250 he raised in the inaugural 2012 event.
He has now donated £417 to the charity, and said: “I’ve been overwhelmed by the support I received from friends, family and business colleagues.
“I did the walk in memory of my late father-in-law Bill, who spent his final days in a hospice near where he lived, and was so well cared for.”
He said charities like Hospiscare do ‘incredible work’, and was pleased to have beaten his fundraising target, but added: “The only problem is that I’ll have to collect even more if I do the walk again in 2014!”
You may also want to watch:
Steve, who lives in Drakes Avenue, wanted to thank members of Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce, Fields of Sidmouth, East Devon Phoenix Breakfast Club and the Rotary Club of Otter Valley for their support.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National