Sidford WI skills on show for Federation celebratoin
PRODUCTIVE members of Sidford WI will be selling their own handmade wares at a Devon Cream Tea afternoon to celebrate the Devon Federation s 90th birthday.
PRODUCTIVE members of Sidford WI will be selling their own handmade wares at a Devon Cream Tea afternoon to celebrate the Devon Federation's 90th birthday.
The event will take place at Sidford Social Hall from 3-5.30pm on Saturday, July 17, and, said president Claire Crouch: "We will have stalls of things members have made, such as cards, bags, knitwear and beading."
Scrapbooks showing what the group does are hoped to encourage new members to join.
Sidford WI recently won a lottery grant and plans to "use the money wisely", putting on craft courses locally as well as paying for 15 members to attend different courses to get better skills to pass on.
You may also want to watch:
"We are using the lottery money not for ourselves but for others," said Claire.
The group plans to run two half-day courses in September and October, teaching such crafts as card-making and beading.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
"We will do several things on one afternoon...and later on we are planning a cookery day course, with people eating for lunch what they have made.
"We feel it is worth trying to encourage people to join and show them we do a lot of things.