Sidford WI skills on show for Federation celebratoin
PRODUCTIVE members of Sidford WI will be selling their own handmade wares at a Devon Cream Tea afternoon to celebrate the Devon Federation s 90th birthday.
PRODUCTIVE members of Sidford WI will be selling their own handmade wares at a Devon Cream Tea afternoon to celebrate the Devon Federation's 90th birthday.
The event will take place at Sidford Social Hall from 3-5.30pm on Saturday, July 17, and, said president Claire Crouch: "We will have stalls of things members have made, such as cards, bags, knitwear and beading."
Scrapbooks showing what the group does are hoped to encourage new members to join.
Sidford WI recently won a lottery grant and plans to "use the money wisely", putting on craft courses locally as well as paying for 15 members to attend different courses to get better skills to pass on.
You may also want to watch:
"We are using the lottery money not for ourselves but for others," said Claire.
The group plans to run two half-day courses in September and October, teaching such crafts as card-making and beading.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
"We will do several things on one afternoon...and later on we are planning a cookery day course, with people eating for lunch what they have made.
"We feel it is worth trying to encourage people to join and show them we do a lot of things.