Sidford woman turns 101
- Credit: Archant
A Sidford woman’s secret to a long and happy life is a glass of sherry and walking.
Margaret Waring celebrated her 101st birthday on March 6.
She was born in London and attended the Haberdasher’s Girls’ School before going on to work as a company secretary with an international firm in London.
Margaret then met her husband, Major Waring MC.
The couple later decided to move to South Africa where they enjoyed a happy retirement with their three dogs.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret returned to England when her husband passed away and settled in Sidford where she made a number of friends.
Until recently, Margaret enjoyed regularly walking into Sidmouth and having a coffee at Fields - her favourite place.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
Michael Waring said his step-grandmother’s secret was a glass of sherry and lots of walking.
He added: “Lots of family members and friends visited her for her birthday and we enjoyed a cake that my wife made.”