Come and see Sidholme Music Room’s fourth restored chandelier being put back in place
- Credit: Archant
There will be a chance to see one of Sidholme Music Room’s restored chandeliers being re-hung on Tuesday, November 26.
The fourth of the seven chandeliers will be put back in place above the stage, and two smaller ones will be removed for renovation.
The music room will be open to the public from 10am until 6pm, with refreshments available.
Visitors will also be able to talk to the restorers from Wilkinson Ltd, who have been working on the chandeliers at their premises in Kent.
The project to upgrade the music room began in the autumn of 2013. Since then the organ has been restored, a new grand piano installed and fifteen wall lights renovated, as well as the largest chandelier and two smaller ones.
You may also want to watch:
The Friends of Sidholme Music Room are continuing to raise funds to restore the remaining three chandeliers, and other features of the building. They have thanked the musicians who have helped by performing in the music room, and the audiences who have supported the concerts.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98