Sidholme Hotel put on open market, but local bid still ‘on the table’
- Credit: Archant
The Sidholme Hotel has been put up for sale.
It is being marketed by the property firm Savills, which is inviting offers over £1.9million.
But the Save Sidmouth’s Hidden Gem group, which launched a campaign in May to buy the hotel from owners The Christian Guild, says its bid is ‘still on the table’.
The group raised £280,000 in its first six weeks of fundraising, of which £265,000 was from potential investors. The fund now stands at £360,000.
Its aim was for the hotel to continue providing accommodation, but to also host a range of music and cultural activities, building upon the regular concerts that have been taking place at the hotel’s music room.
You may also want to watch:
In response to the news that the Sidholme Hotel had been put on the open market, a spokesman said the group had been ‘waiting for developments’ and would ‘continue to monitor’ the situation.
He said: “Our intention is to establish a dialogue with whosoever becomes the new owner, with the aim of a continuance of the community access that has become established.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
“In the meantime, we remain in touch with Christian Guild.”