Sidholme marks Sidmouth RBL’s 90th anniversary
Sidmouth florist and hotelier join forces to mark RBL’s Remembrance Sunday
A Sidmouth florist and hotelier have combined forces to produce a 90th anniversary tribute to the Royal British Legion.
Christine Drew of The Sidmouth Florist and James Sharp, general manager at Sidholme, have decorated an area of the Christian hotel’s reception area for Remembrance Day.
Christine, who had a shop in Church Street for seven years, has used fresh red roses, carnations, hydrangeas and silk poppies to make a large wreath, with foliage added from Sidholme’s extensive grounds.
She has decorated the area with a Union Flag, more poppies and banners; some with poems, and a wartime scrapbook.
You may also want to watch:
James said: “We have hundreds of visitors each week that stay and use the hotel and a lot of guests say how lovely it is for the town to decorate their windows for Remembrance Sunday.”
Christine said: “I used to enjoy doing it at the shop and won the best poppy window several times. I went out with a big bang with the Poppy Man, which was on TV, so I was happy to do something when James said he wanted to celebrate RBL’s 90th anniversary.”
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
She provides all the arrangements for the hotel and can be contacted on (01395) 512274.
James said the wreath would remain at Sidholme for its evening Fellowship service on Sunday and then be taken to the Cenotaph by the parish church on Monday.