Sidmotu residents urged to get involved with cultural life
THE 2009/10 East Devon Arts Directory has just been published, and it s available – free of charge – to anyone interested in finding out what s happening in the district s arts world throughout the year.
THE 2009/10 East Devon Arts Directory has just been published, and it's available - free of charge - to anyone interested in finding out what's happening in the district's arts world throughout the year.
The Directory puts you in touch with local groups where you can practice your hobbies and meet people who share your interests. If you are a professional artist or musician you may be able to find funding or advice through the useful contacts section.
Clubs, groups and societies covering a wide range of cultural activities are listed in an easy-to-find format. If you want to learn ballet, street jazz or join a musical group, youth theatre or a poetry readers' group, this is the guide for you. There are details on adult and further education evening classes, festivals, history and heritage societies, writers' circles and galleries, amongst many others.
And, for the first time this year, the Directory has included information on gardening clubs, film societies, folk, reading groups and bell ringing.
You may also want to watch:
Copies of the Arts Directory may be found in local libraries, tourist information centres and at the Thelma Hulbert Gallery in Honiton. Or readers can call EDDC's Arts Development team on 01395 516551, extension 2515. The Directory is also available on the Council's website at: http://www.eastdevon.gov.uk/east_devon_arts_directory
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman