Sidmouth actor has full Christmas schedule!
ONE of Sidmouth s most popular amateur actors will have a busy few months ahead as rehearsals are in full swing for the Christmas period. Since Nick Bussian, of Temple Street, moved to Sidmouth five years ago he has appeared in numerous plays and musicals
ONE of Sidmouth's most popular amateur actors will have a busy few months ahead as rehearsals are in full swing for the Christmas period.
Since Nick Bussian, of Temple Street, moved to Sidmouth five years ago he has appeared in numerous plays and musicals.
He said: "We moved to Sidmouth after we visited some friends we had met on holiday. We just fell in love with the place instantly."
"I first got into acting about 15 to 20 years ago in Hampshire when the local theatre asked me to read a part as they were a man short.
You may also want to watch:
"I thought never me, not on the stage, but I really enjoyed it and it went on from there and I got the bug."
Nick has appeared in Brassed Off with SADS, Oklahoma with Lyme Regis Operatic Society and Pink Champagne with Axminster Operatic Society to name but a few.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
He said: "You always say that's the last one I'm doing but then I go and watch another play and start thinking of the next one."
He will next be appearing in the Axminster Operatic Society's production of Hello Dolly! as Horace Vandergelder as well as in Snow White and the Seven Dwarves pantomime in Newton Poppleford.
He added: "I'm also going to another audition soon so I might be rehearsing three plays and working full time as well-it doesn't feel so amateur anymore!"
Hello Dolly will take place at The Guildhall, Axminster from Wednesday, November 12 to Saturday, November 15.
Tickets are available from The Archway Bookshop, Axminster (01297) 33595, or on the door.