Sidmouth actors sought for society
CALLING all budding actors- Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society is looking for new members. SADS, Sidmouth s leading drama company, presents three plays a year as well as a full scale pantomime each Christmas, all at the Manor Pavilion theatre. Alexa Baker,
CALLING all budding actors- Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society is looking for new members.
SADS, Sidmouth's leading drama company, presents three plays a year as well as a full scale pantomime each Christmas, all at the Manor Pavilion theatre.
Alexa Baker, of SADS said: "An ambitious programme of productions planned for this season and for 2010 means that we are looking to increase our membership, especially actors and actresses of all ages, particularly 20-50 age group.
"Also anyone interested in any aspect of back stage work including lighting will find a warm welcome from this friendly company."
You may also want to watch:
The group's production, staged from March 17-21, with rehearsals well under way is Alan Ayckbourn's play "Time of My Life", which is being directed by Janet Farrow.
The play selected for June 16-20 will be "Celebration", a warm hearted family play written by Keith Waterhouse and Willis Hall and to be directed by Ray Pickworth.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
With its cast of 16 parts and ages ranging from 19 to 70, the play, a double bill, provides plenty of scope for anyone interested in acting.
All parts are open and will be cast from auditions to be held on Monday, February 23 at 7.30pm at the groups' Headquarters behind the Guide Hut at Lawn Vista.
Copies of the play, which can be read before the audition, are available on loan from Paragon Book shop, Sidmouth.
On Friday, March 13 auditions will take place for SADS October presentation of Tennessee William's play "A Streetcar Named Desire", to be directed by David Harrison. Copies of the play are also available from Paragon Book Shop.
Alexa added: "It is a busy season which should be more than enough to satisfy anyone wanting to act, direct or get involved in the many interesting aspects of production, plus a full programme of social events.