Sidmouth Air Cadets banner fund cheque
Sidmouth Town Council presents �277 to Sidmouth Air Cadets to help replace its 30-year-old banner
A CHEQUE for �277 has been given to 2019 Squadron, Sidmouth Air Cadets, to help buy a new squadron banner.
Sidmouth Town Council made the grant and its chairman, Councillor Stuart Hughes, handed over the cheque last week.
Commanding Officer, Flight Lieutenant Dave Toomey said: “We are extremely grateful for this very tangible support from our local council.
“The money will help us pay to replace our ageing banner, which is now over 30 years old, in time to display it when we parade in Taunton on June 26, with 400 other cadets from Devon and Somerset, to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Air Training Corps.”
You may also want to watch:
At Monday’s town council meeting, Mr Hughes said: “The ATC is seeking new members. They have got about 12 or 13, numbers are dwindling. It is nice for young people to get involved, especially as their new premises are going on stream at Stowford Rise soon, complete with rifle range.”
Young people aged 13-18 can join the ATC. Just visit its HQ at High Meadow, Manstone Avenue on Tuesday or Thursday evenings between 7 and 9pm, or visit its website: www.2019ATC.org for more information.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary