Sidmouth Airshow cancelled, but will return bigger and better in 2021, say organisers
- Credit: Picture: Alex Walton Photography
Sidmouth Airshow will return, bigger and better in 2021 after this year’s event was cancelled.
The world-famous Red Arrows will not grace Sidmouth’s skies this August bank holiday weekend but will return for a bigger and better show next year.
Sidmouth Town Council has cancelled this year’s air display to help protect the town and enable responsible tourism to continue.
Councillors are now concentrating on bringing an air show to Sidmouth for the August bank holiday in 2021, with a provisional date of Friday, August 27.
Councillor Louise Cole, chair of Sidmouth Town Council’s tourism and economy committee, said: “Whilst we know how popular the air display always is, we also recognise residents’ anxieties as we slowly come out of lockdown.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very fortunate that we have plenty of other high-quality attractions and activities for our residents and visitors, including our fantastic beaches and beautiful walks.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98