Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society serves up a giant treat at the Manor Pavilion Theatre with Jack and the Beanstalk
- Credit: Archant
For some colourful costumes and scenery, energetic dancing and plenty of audience participation, there is still time to catch Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society’s production of Jack and the Beanstalk by Alan P Frayn – oh yes there is!
With all the elements of traditional pantomime, creaky jokes, baddies to boo and hiss, goodies to cheer on to win the day, a magical beanstalk and a simply gorgeous pantomime cow, catch it if you can.
Follow Jack’s adventures as he overcomes the giant, and turns round the fortunes of his family, to the delight of his dear old mum, Dame Dotty Dimple and his simple brother Simon, to win the hand of the girl of his dreams!
You can catch the show this evening (Tuesday, January 2) and on Thursday (January 4) at 7.30pm. There is no performance on Wednesday (January 3).
Friday’s performance starts at 7.30pm, and there are two shows on Saturday (January 6) at 2pm and 6.30pm. Ring the Manor Pavilion Theatre Box Office on 01395 514413 for ticket information.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98