Sidmouth and Ottery face county cuts talks
RESIDENTS in Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary will get a say on where they think cuts should be made in Devon County Council’s (DCC) next budget.
The authority will soon launch a major public engagement campaign called ‘Your Community Your Choice’ and stage consultation sessions in both towns. This project follows on from a ‘Tough Choices’ initiative run throughout the Autumn of 2010.
“Last year, with public spending under pressure, we asked residents to tell us what was most important to them and where cuts could be made. With further budget reductions needed this year, the choices will be even more challenging,” said a DCC spokesperson.
Public meetings, led by council leader John Hart, and an online forum will offer townsfolk the opportunity to give their views.
DCC representatives will be at Stowford Community Centre on Wednesday, October 5, and at The Insitute, Ottery, on Tuesday, October 25.
You may also want to watch:
Both meetings are scheduled to begin at 6.30pm.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance