Sidmouth and Ottery fire crews called to Woolbrook Road fire
- Credit: Archant
The fire service were called out today (Thursday, September 7) after reports of a fire involving a shower unit.
Firefighters from Sidmouth and Ottery were called to Woolbrook Road after a fire starting in a shower unit.
A trio of engines arrived at the address shortly after 11.30am and confirmed there was a fire on the first floor of the property.
A fire service spokesman said the fire involved a shower unit and was extinguished by crews using a hose reel and a dry powder fire extinguisher.
Firefighters also used two breathing apparatus, thermal image camera and a short extension ladder to deal with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance also attended to assist a person suffering from smoke inhalation.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98