Sidmouth and Ottery hospitals’ strike plans
Sidmouth and Ottery hospitals to continue with essential services during Wednesday’s strike action
ALL essential services will be delivered at Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary hospitals during Wednesday’s public services strike action over pensions’ pay.
“Every effort is being made to minimise disruption to patients and we are working closely with trade unions to ensure that all essential services will continue to be delivered,” said a spokeswoman for Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust, which covers the two community hospitals.
Some non-urgent appointments and elective operations may be disrupted and the Trust is contacting patients to ensure minimum inconvenience to them.
“Patients can be assured the Trust has contingency plans to ensure quality and safety of care is not compromised as a result of industrial action,” said the spokeswoman.
You may also want to watch:
“Like all NHS Trusts, we are always prepared for managing disruption to services, as can occur during events such as severe weather.”
Further updates and the latest service information will be available at www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk or contact NHS Direct on 0845 4647 for advice.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 4 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 5 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 8 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 9 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 10 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy