Sidmouth and Ottery hospitals’ strike plans
Sidmouth and Ottery hospitals to continue with essential services during Wednesday’s strike action
ALL essential services will be delivered at Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary hospitals during Wednesday’s public services strike action over pensions’ pay.
“Every effort is being made to minimise disruption to patients and we are working closely with trade unions to ensure that all essential services will continue to be delivered,” said a spokeswoman for Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust, which covers the two community hospitals.
Some non-urgent appointments and elective operations may be disrupted and the Trust is contacting patients to ensure minimum inconvenience to them.
“Patients can be assured the Trust has contingency plans to ensure quality and safety of care is not compromised as a result of industrial action,” said the spokeswoman.
You may also want to watch:
“Like all NHS Trusts, we are always prepared for managing disruption to services, as can occur during events such as severe weather.”
Further updates and the latest service information will be available at www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk or contact NHS Direct on 0845 4647 for advice.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses