Sidmouth and Sid Vale rotary clubs’ �1,600 charity haul
ROTARY clubs of the Sid Valley and Sidmouth joined forces before Christmas to raise �1,600 for local charities.
The sterling sum, which will be divided equally between Children’s Hospice South West and the Bramble Children’s Ward at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, was revealed this week. The total exceeded last year’s efforts.
Four days of collections in Market Place were accompanied by live music from town musicians Val Howels, Bob Millington, Wally Cotgrave and Celia Monk, as well as carols from the Parish Church choir.
Seasonal works from the Octagon Hand Bell Ringers and a final rousing session from the Sidmouth Town Band also featured.
The live music proved popular with shoppers.
You may also want to watch:
David Burgoyne, president of Sidmouth Rotary Club, and Mike Wale, president of the Sid Valley Rotary Club, joined together to thank all those who gave so generously to the collection.
They said: “We are so grateful to the many people who contributed, which substantially exceeded last year’s total and enabled us to make these donations to help local children.
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 The keys to good teamwork? Trust, communiication, commitment and accountability
“Thanks to the singers and musicians who gave their time.”