Sidmouth and Sid Vale rotary clubs’ �1,600 charity haul
ROTARY clubs of the Sid Valley and Sidmouth joined forces before Christmas to raise �1,600 for local charities.
The sterling sum, which will be divided equally between Children’s Hospice South West and the Bramble Children’s Ward at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, was revealed this week. The total exceeded last year’s efforts.
Four days of collections in Market Place were accompanied by live music from town musicians Val Howels, Bob Millington, Wally Cotgrave and Celia Monk, as well as carols from the Parish Church choir.
Seasonal works from the Octagon Hand Bell Ringers and a final rousing session from the Sidmouth Town Band also featured.
The live music proved popular with shoppers.
You may also want to watch:
David Burgoyne, president of Sidmouth Rotary Club, and Mike Wale, president of the Sid Valley Rotary Club, joined together to thank all those who gave so generously to the collection.
They said: “We are so grateful to the many people who contributed, which substantially exceeded last year’s total and enabled us to make these donations to help local children.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
“Thanks to the singers and musicians who gave their time.”