Sidmouth apprentice wins ‘shining star’ award
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old apprentice from Sidmouth has been judged a ‘shining star’ by his training college.
Luke Spiller has won the Apprentice of the Year Land Based Award, presented by Cornwall College, which has five campuses including Bicton, where Luke trained in horticulture.
There are 15,000 students across the campuses, and there were 250 nominations for the Cornwall College Shining Star awards.
Luke trained in horticulture at Bicton College, attaining the Level Two qualification, and continued to Level Three as an apprentice with Exmouth Town Council.
The awards were due to be presented at a ceremony at The Eden Project, which had to be cancelled because of coronavirus.
You may also want to watch:
But in Luke’s letter of congratulation, Cornwall College said: “We were in awe of the strength of nominations from across our many campuses, highlighting what incredible students we have.
“To have been chosen as the winner is a huge accolade to yourself and those who support you, so well done.”
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open