Sidmouth Arboretum holds tree identification event for primary school pupils
- Credit: Archant
The group held the event at the Sidholme Hotels for Sidmouth Primary School pupils.
Sidmouth Primary School pupils showed off their knowledge of trees as part of an identification exercise by the town’s arboretum group.
The children were tasked to name the eight different trees at the Sidholme Hotel earlier this month.
The new initiative saw the year five pupils take in part of the arboretum’s town tree trail as they walked to the hotel which has a range of specimen trees.
In the hotel grounds the children correctly identified the trees they were shown.
You may also want to watch:
Arboretum members shared their knowledge of the trees and their importance to the landscape and history.
Jon Ball, group chairman, said: “Every class was a credit to the school in their behaviour and enthusiasm on a lovely sunny summer day in a wonderful setting.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
The arboretum has published its tree trails which are free and available from the library, Tourist Information Office and bookshops.