Sidmouth area army cadets enjoy summer camp stay
Extensive programme of activities for nearly 400 army cadets at summer camp
ARMY cadets from the Sidmouth area were among 100 from the Exeter area joining cadets from around Devon to take part in a two week summer camp in West Sussex.
In all, 380 army cadets undertook an extensive programme of activities at Crowborough Training Centre, including climbing, abseiling, sailing and rafting as well as canoeing, mountain biking, orienteering, indoor and outdoor target shooting , obstacle course and a military exercise.
Major Mervyn McColm, officer commanding cadets from the Exeter area, remarked: “The cadets undertook the activities with great enthusiasm and really enjoyed it.
“They thoroughly deserved their day out at the Thorpe Park Theme Park.”
You may also want to watch:
The cadets have a short break before resuming cadet activities in their local detachment.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 A remarkably good 50th anniversary for Sidmouth Music